I Want To Be A Workout Warrior Challenge
Well I think it is time for a friendly challenge to kick my workout up a notch. Anyone with me? I have a few friends who want me to put together some type of challenge to motivate, inspire, and hold them accountable. This is it! I am calling it the “I Want To Be A Workout Warrior” challenge. Everyone who enters will have the potential to become A Workout Warrior, but you have to earn it! What will I get you may ask? A big bonus – A leaner, healthier, stronger you:)
I think this will be fun for anyone who needs some support and motivation. We can all support each other through my blog. You can certainly remain anonymous too. So what are we waiting for?
To become A Workout Warrior just comment at the bottom of this post with “I Want To Be A Workout Warrior”. Then just let me know what your goals are; examples are losing weight, increase cardiovascular endurance, healthier diet, looking cute in that Halloween costume etc… If I know these I will be able to cheer you on and hold you accountable:) Just let me know your first name or a name you would like to go by. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is how it will all play out.
- Each week there will be a Workout of the Week (WOW). It will be posted on my blog every Sunday for the following week. This workout should be done 4 times that week. You pick your days according to your own schedule (try to space them out). You will complete the number of reps given but you will be timing yourself so have a clock or timer handy. The first workout will be a benchmark fitness test (I will post this on Saturday September 29th so go ahead and do that fitness test on Sunday September 30th). Have a pen and paper handy to record your time each workout was completed in, the date the workout was completed and any notes you need to add. It is best to journal your progress so you can see your results when you become a Warrior:) This will also help keep you motivated!
- The Recipe of the Week (ROW) will also be posted on my blog every Sunday for you to try sometime during the following week. Of course it will be healthy, and I will keep it as simple as possible. I encourage you to prepare it and eat it. It will benefit you to prepare and eat these recipes to work on self discipline in the kitchen. You might love them.
- The challenge begins October 1, 2012 and ends on October 31, 2012.
- When you complete this challenge you will have earned the title Workout Warrior. All you have to do is commit, stick to a routine, and finish. Keep in mind if you cheat you only cheat yourself. I am doing it too and I will be posting my experiences for everyone to see. I am here to motivate and cheer you on. Please comment on how your workouts are going or with questions you may have. Let’s get fit! Let’s get excited!
Did I mention this is FREE? Well, it is FREE! My goal is to make this blog a Workout Warrior community supporting each other in our efforts to reach our health and fitness goals. Hopefully seeing each others experiences will inspire and motivate all of us. Hopefully we can build our Workout Warrior community by:
- Commenting on my blog posts to let me know how your workouts are going – this will help hold you accountable & inspire others
- Share my blog posts with your friends – maybe a friend or two will want to join you and support you
- Follow my blog through email or RSS – this will notify you when all my posts are updated
- Send me pictures of your Recipe of the Week (ROW) either in a comment on the blog, my facebook page, or twitter – pics are just fun and I like to see them
What will you need? These workouts can be done at your gym or your home. All you will need is your body, a pair of dumbbells, jump rope (optional) and a positive attitude. When I am home I use my garage area and the driveway. For the run/walks I use my street. Easy peezy:)
Beginner use 0-10 lb dumbbells, intermediate use 10-15lb dumbbells, advanced use 15-20lb dumbbells.
I can’t wait to start. Keep checking the blog for updates. Saturday the first workout will be posted for the fit test. If you need motivation and inspiration just follow along. Holla! Email me with any questions:)
Disclaimer: This blog is managed and written by me. These are my opinions and my own experiences. This blog is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your own doctor before starting any new exercise or nutrition program.
Posted on September 26, 2012, in Workout Warrior and tagged challenge, get lean, Health, healthy eating, home gym, inspiration, lean body, lose weight, motivation, Physical exercise, Push-up, Warrior, Workout Warrior. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.