Top 10 Reasons You Should Practice Iron Yoga
Iron Yoga is one of my favorite types of yoga to practice and teach. I have been doing Iron Yoga for about a year and I can definitely feel the difference it has made. It is a blend of Power Yoga and strength training. I use 3 lb dumbbells during this practice. These are my top 10 reasons why you should at least try it. If you have a chance to try it, you will not regret it.
- It is two workouts in one, which is more efficient and less time-consuming than training body parts separately
- It strengthens and tones all the major muscle groups combined with deep stretching
- It improves muscular endurance
- It increases functional strength
- It promotes lean muscle mass which can increase metabolism
- It improves body awareness
- It sharpens concentration and mental focus
- It improves coordination, balance, and body symmetry
- It produces a sense of calmness and strength at the same time
- It increases flexibility and range of motion
This is an example of an exercise I do in Iron Yoga. This is chair pose combined with an arms extended reach and pull. Combined with steady rhythmic breathing this pose tones and strengthens the lower body, the core, the back, the shoulders and increases mental focus. After about 5-6 steady yoga breaths, a forward bend is done to deeply stretch the body and calm the mind.
Have a great day:) Namaste.